Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Congressional Approval Rating

Got to work this morning and the first article I saw after checking my e-mail was this one. It tells just how we think that Congress is doing. Interestingly enough, our public servants, whose job it is to serve their constituents and vote on issues that we find important, are not really performing their job well. Only 9% of the people in the US believe that Congress is doing a good or excellent job. Doing some simple math, which was never my joy, shows that that means that 91% of people are dissatisfied with the work that the people hired are doing.
Another interesting fact that came from the survey is that only 12% of those polled felt that Congress had done anything to improve life in the US. More math leads us to 88% that feel that Congress is doing nothing to help our country.
My wife can attest that I am a very logical man, which has served me well until now. So, logically if I was working a job and 91% felt that I was doing a bad job, and 88% felt that I had done nothing to improve the lives of those I worked for, what would happen to me? I would be thrown out on my head!!! I would not keep my job! I would probably never be able to get a job again from the bad references that would follow me everywhere.
Here comes the logic again...If this is how we feel about Congress...and we are the employers who give them the job, and pay them (have we forgotten that fact?)...why the hell do these men and women still have jobs??!?!?!
"Change" is the catch phrase for this election year. How about we do something about it and change those who are not serving us the way we want them to? (Oh, and promoting from the inside probably wont cut it either, just in case you were wondering my true feelings.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Travis,

    This is Bill from Keepusfree.net. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I'm going to enjoy your blog. I'll add it to my blog roll.

    After looking at your music and reading interests I thought you might enjoy my other blog on spiritual matters. You can find it at www.awaitingrain.typepad.com.

    Feel free to add my blogs to your blogroll if you so choose.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete